Covers Title

Covers Title

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Shut Up & Paint, Cover Nr. 13, June, 2001


This is"Covers" Work Nr. 13 --- ink on paper. 21 x 15 cm / 8.25 in x 6 in. June, 2001.
"Shut Up & Paint!" "(Think Mark 13)," "Starring," in the upper left company box, "Major League Art." "2K x 12¢."


I enjoyed this piece so much, and it was such a hit, I ended up doing four versions over the years, and there is a theme song by The Handcuffs for me with the refrain being this phrase. I originally made it after being to an opening of a very consensus-correct Neo-Conceptual exhibition which consisted of a polished ostrich egg, which the curator "explained" for and hour and a half. It of course is also a bit of self-deprecating commentary on my use of lettered words in these works.

No comments:

Post a Comment